Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 4,150 organizations across 90 countries, including 34% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.
The ideal candidate is an inquisitive learner with a passion for security, data and analytics. The candidate can effectively collaborate with stakeholders across functional areas to review and optimize current reporting, analytics, and data structure/data capture all while aligning to corporate objectives. This role requires a mixture of business acumen and technical expertise, along with an ability to build strong partnerships with business partners. Success in the role will require a self-starter with a passion for collaborating with others to solve problems.
Data Scientist should be:
- A strong team player and communicator who is able to remain productive and focused in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- A well rounded analytical thinker who will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of predictive models using unsupervised and supervised learning techniques to detect and stop the most sophisticated threats and attack vectors.
- Deeply involved with problem definition, data exploration, data acquisition and visualization, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying various models and iteratively improving solutions.
- Able to handle the prioritization of project and tasks.
- Able to develop models (predictive and classification) for a variety of problems.
- Able to communicate clearly about complex analytical tasks by producing concise and easily consumable reports.
- Excited about developing continuous improvements to push the organization towards new and improved ways to use data to improve business processes.
- Able to look for opportunities proactively to improve the business, outside of the specific questions asked, and understand how to influence the organization to make needed changes.
Data Scientist should have:
- BS or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative disciplines
- 3+ years’ experience in data analytics.
- Good communication skills.
- 2+ years’ experience working with big data projects.
- Experience with statistical modeling/data mining algorithms such as Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, clustering algorithms, Support Vector Machines, Decision Trees, etc.
- The ability to dive into a Python codebase; familiarity with a scientific computing framework such as Numpy, R. or other statistical packages.
- Familiarity and comfort with MapReduce.
- Comfortable to work on very large data sets of sparse high dimensional data; experienced in pre-processing and analyzing such data to gain actionable insights.
- An independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges.
- A good understanding of traditional machine learning / data analysis pipelines.
- Knowledge of computer security issues.
- A strong interest to dive further into the field of cybersecurity.