Utilidata®, Inc. is a global software company that works with electric utilities to enhance energy efficiency and grid security. The company’s patented technology captures real-time data from the grid giving utilities information needed to save energy, mitigate issues caused by distributed energy resources, and better detect grid anomalies. With major clients including American Electric Power, National Grid, and Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Utilidata is backed by leading venture capital firms and is expanding across North America and the Middle East. The company has a world-class production, research and development facility at its headquarters in Providence, RI.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our growing R&D Team reporting directly to the VP of Product Development. The ideal candidate is a smart mathematically inclined analyst who will interface with the Chief Scientist, Product Development, Product Management, Sales and key constituents within the organization as well as with customer organizations to conduct measurement and verification analysis on data accumulated by the Utilidata system deployed at the customer distribution grid.
- Develop models and algorithms (in Matlab), and generate results in a timely manner
- Get up to speed with a range of projects to meet the needs of the business
- Summarize and synthesize inferences
- Work with teams comprising of engineers, software developers, technical sales and marketing to drive the measurement process and satisfy customer requirements
- Knowledge of applied mathematics and statistical analysis
- Data management
- Analysis of complex datasets
- Data analysis using various packages such as SAS, R, and Excel
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Application of mathematics and statistical analysis to the electric power grid desired
Qualifications & Technical Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university (Applied Math/Statistics/Econometrics/Engineering or related field)
- Statistical analysis of large, multidimensional data
- Summarization of complex data
- Power Transmission and Distribution experience a plus.