The aim and role of a Field Account Specialist - National Accounts is to combine (1) the on-boarding and training associated with bringing a new account to succeed with (2) ensure that both new and existing accounts are getting great value from our service, see us as a valuable partner, and understand if/where our tools may help make them more successful. Additionally, a sales-forward attitude, and a high level of professionalism, assertiveness, and persuasion are required to communicate with and engage the Field designated segment of CarGurus’ client base.
- Assume responsibility for designated CarGurus National Account client accounts including:
- Coordinate with the entire National Accounts team to prioritize communication strategies.
- Become a ‘thought leader’ on how CarGurus best partners with and services our National account customers.
- Prepare and analyze monthly performance reports for all National Accounts (identify successes, or potential issues within each group)
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products
- Proactively consult with central corporate advisors and dealerships (where applicable) solving issues and addressing questions
- Escalate issues to other departments when necessary
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- Strong analytical skills to solve complex, interdepartmental/inter-operational issues
- While not necessarily the primary owner of the actions, this person will act as a facilitator for follow-up on technical, billing, and content issues with corporate customer contacts.
- Advanced collaboration with internal departments (sales, billing, content, and engineering) to convey key issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization.
- Establish strong relationships with National Account Team and serve as in-office advocates when needed for team cross-departmentally.
- Establish strong relationships with large decision makers within client base to foster client satisfaction and trust
- Finding opportunities to further sell client-base and work with National Account Team to cross-sell when possible/applicable.
In summary Field Account Specialist - National Accounts will perform the key tasks on a daily basis to maximize the overall level of client satisfaction. From initial onboarding through steady-state proactive and strategic support, National CSS will serve as the ‘face’ of CarGurus to customers on the post-sale partnership.
To ensure the best customer experience combined with ongoing business requirements, the National Account Sales Director will act as a lead and partner with the National Account Customer Success Specialist to create a seamless spectrum of CarGurus engagement for any customer. The National Success Specialist will support any business-related challenges or opportunities that arise. National Account reps will support the National CSS by making the necessary introductions and providing the necessary account and relationship background to ensure success.