The Customer Success Engineer is responsible for driving customer adoption and ensuring product implementation and usage is delivered to the solution’s highest potential. The Customer Success Engineer is the “5-tool player” of the Customer Success team, who will perform a wide variety of technically-oriented tasks associated with promoting customer success, including:
- Ensuring successful product implementation and usage through in-depth environmental and solution discussions and planning
- Provide customer enablement and understanding of how Rapid7’s solutions enhance their specific security programs
- Technically review (including demonstrations of) our solutions and their use-cases to new key contacts and administrators within customer organizations
- Work as an equal partner with the Customer Success Manager to secure the technical win during the renewal sales cycle in competitive situations
- Suggest specific technical best practices or Rapid7 services to maximize the effectiveness of the solution in support of their security program
The Customer Success Engineer will serve as a "glue player" in-between multiple organizations including support, customer success, professional services, training, and development to name a few.
Their overall goal is to ensure every single customer is set on the correct path for success. If you are comfortable going toe-to-toe in a technical discussion with engineers and then shifting gears and having a brass-tacks business conversation with a CIO, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Possess presentation-ready knowledge and product expertise on all Rapid7’s product groups, with specialized expertise in the security solutions
- Translate customer business objective and technical challenges into business solutions based on Rapid7 products
- Preemptively enable and guide customers to maximize the value out of their purchased solutions
- Ensure customer's business objectives are clearly understood and their implementation plans will meet those goals absolutely
- Interface with Customer Success, Support & Services to ensure customer experience is consistently on best path
- Manage and oversee the delivery and execution of quality training and on-boarding
- Review, and sometimes re-orient/train, customers about the usage of our products
- Deliver presentations and participate in conference call discussions and face-to-face meetings to architectural groups, major lines of business, and C-Level executives.
- During the renewal process, articulate how Rapid7’s solutions technically meet the customer’s requirements and assist Customer Success Team in technical (re)qualification as needed.
- Secure Technical win during renewal evaluation processes
- Articulate and demonstrate Rapid7’s solutions and position products relative to competition.
- Provide education and evangelizes services offerings to customers
- Experience level to 3-5+ years of relevant IT/Security related experience
- Previous experience with vulnerability management desired
- Basic knowledge of best practices relating to secure network architecture, design and configuration
- Basic knowledge of security relating to common networked applications and platforms
- Basic knowledge of best practice standards relating to security administration and generally accepted information security principles and practices
- Fundamental knowledge of industry regulations and requirements including major compliance regulations
- Strong technical background with a demonstrated aptitude for picking up new technology with ease
- Ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems; present and prepare solutions
- Can-do, anything-is-possible mindset
- Creative problem solver who thrives in collaborative environment
- Amazing and personable communicator
- Outstanding organizational skills and follow-through
- Understanding of vulnerability management tools
- Strong interest in security and networking
- Demonstrable background in customer-oriented action
- Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and decision makers in customer environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software Sales experience
- In-depth knowledge of multiple Operating Systems
- Identify technical requirements and customer success criteria
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or 4 years related work experience