Shoes.com is seeking a Controller to have overall responsibility for accounting and financial administration in a rapidly growing e-commerce environment. This will include all day-to-day operations as well as the full monthly close process and preparation of financial statements including consolidation of joint ventures and international operations. This role will have great visibility to Senior Management and will manage a small team. In addition, this position will become a value added resource to multiple departments at shoes.com, using finance acumen to assist in proper decision making company-wide. This position reports to the CFO.
Upon coming on board you can expect to:
- Drive the monthly closing process through preparation of financial statements; including consolidation of joint ventures and international operations
- Manage accounts payable, payroll and other cash disbursements for the company
- Manage accounts receivable, bill, and cash receipts
- Manage all other major processes including accruals, fixed assets, inventory and prepaids
- Assist with reporting to Senior Management and parent company
- Establish sound accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve process, controls, and information systems
- Manage the financial accounting system including all relevant accounting guidelines (revenue recognition, internally developed software)
- Assist with plans, forecasts and revenue projections as needed
- Coordinate external audit if applicable
- Coach, develop, and motivate 2-3 direct reports. Evaluate performance and provides feedback
This role may be for you if you have:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPA strongly preferred
- 8+ years relevant industry experience, thorough understanding of accounting/finance concepts
- Experience in ecommerce / technology a strong plus
- Mix of public and private a plus; international experience a plus
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and pay attention to details as THE key accounting resource for the company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Flexibility, strong work ethic, and willingness to “do whatever it takes” to get the job done
- Knowledge of tax compliance and insurance
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential
- Ability to learn new concepts and to absorb information provided by CFO
- Advanced proficiency using MS Excel as well as experience with an integrated accounting software package
- Proven organizational skills and very strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team
- Motivated, team-oriented, self-starter with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
You'll want to work at shoes.com because:
Formerly Shoebuy.com, shoes.com is a leading online destination for top styles from the best brands, at great prices. Offering more than a million products from over 800 brands, shoes.com is the one-stop shop for the latest in footwear, clothing, and accessories. Whether customers are looking for the hottest fashion trends or hard-to-find sizes, shoes.com has shoppers covered—from toe to head.
Established in 2000, shoes.com is headquartered in Boston, MA. In 2016 the company was acquired by Jet.com ─ a next-generation ecommerce marketplace dedicated to saving shoppers more money. The synergy of this acquisition is creating record growth and expansion of the shoes.com brand. Learn more at shoes.com, and stay connected on social media – visit our Facebook page, follow us on Instagram (@shoesdotcom), Twitter (@shoesdotcom), and Pinterest. Plus, download our app. Shoes.com is shopping made easy!