Content Marketing Specialist
Do you enjoy creating world-class content that inspires and drives demand for innovative products and ideas? If so, Toast, one of the fastest growing tech companies in Boston, is looking for a high-energy content marketer who isn’t afraid to take on the next big challenge. In this role you will lead our efforts to create co-authored content with well-known restaurant thought leaders, drive our link building strategy, and grow out the breadth of media formats for Toast’s content. Read on if you can write with the best of them, but also know how to translate your ideas into new and creative formats.
Here at Toast, we are hell-bent on creating the best content for the restaurant industry and believe you could be the person to help our content reach new heights.
- Identify potential guest bloggers and co-create content with them on a local, regional and national level
- Co-create content with targeted influencers who have been previously engaged by Toast’s Influencer Specialist.
- Partner with internal teams to build out Toast’s efforts to create new content formats (e.g. podcasts, video series, Twitter chats, etc.) to extend the reach of existing content and tap into new audiences.
- Devise repeatable processes to improve Toast’s backlinking and outreach strategies.
- Work cross-functionally with other content rockstars, social media wizards, and video gurus to find new and compelling ways to educate the restaurant industry.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Leverage data to analyze performance and inform content roadmaps that align with prospect and industry trends.
- Test into creating outbound or cold emailing nurture campaigns to share our content to new audiences.
- 1-3 years of experience in inbound or content marketing.
- Aren’t afraid to take a stance to inspire and open new doors.
- Hungry to learn, fail, and succeed fast (your motto is “better vs. best”).
- Keen pulse on the restaurant and food industry trends, and know how to translate that into compelling arguments.
- Data puzzler and solver.
- Experience with CMS (Wordpress, Hubspot, etc.) and Marketing Automation platforms (Hubspot, Marketo, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in the B2B industry is a plus.
Toast is a company where employees are empowered to come up with freshly baked ideas and tackle meaningful challenges. You probably already know us a little bit by now, but Toast is one of the most awarded and fastest growing startups in Boston. In 2016, to name a few, we won BostInno’s award for the Coolest Company of the year and Hottest Startup in New England by NEVY.
We have built a powerful and easy-to-use Android tablet-based Point of Sale platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We live and breathe our customers’ challenges, which - in some cases – can smell like a freshly made croissant or five-star prix fixe meal. Not a bad way to start your day!
Take a look at our blog guidelines and write a blog post for Toast that meets the requirements. Write a quick paragraph defending your idea, including reasons why you chose it, and how you would pitch it to the editor.
Bonus: Write down your thought process for how you would work with people outside Toast to A) get backlinks to this post or B) co-author the post.