Brightcove seeks an energetic, creative, detail-oriented intern with a strong interest in content marketing. As a member of the Digital Marketing team, you will work closely with the Director of Content Marketing and Sr. Manager of Content Marketing to assist with the strategy, planning, and execution of Brightcove’s content initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders and will gain hands-on content marketing experience in a number of areas including social marketing, project management, events, demand generation, and product marketing. This co-op goes from July to December and requires that the intern be here for 40 hours a week.
To learn more about the experience, and see how past Co-ops enjoyed their time please click here: http://bcove.me/tmigqhr6.
- Oversee blog optimization and image sourcing
- Handle content approval and monthly twitter priority list
- Conduct competitive analysis
- Manage content partnerships, aggregators
- Help maintain Quora, LinkedIn, and Medium presence
- Write email and LP copy
- Assist with event, blog and webinar presentations
- Research customers, use cases and influencers
- Build out and fill in editorial calendar
- Organize content audit work
- Coordinate sales and account management content
- Major in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or Media/Video Studies preferred
- Understanding of social media with robust social media accounts
- Strong writing ability (writing sample required)
- Attention to detail, accountability, and organization
- Ability to research (+evaluate sources)
- Knowledge of CMSs and digital publishing environments
- Some familiarity with Hootsuite, Buffer or other social media publishing tools
- Understanding of email marketing and demand generation
- Understanding of enterprise video and video production
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience with basic HTML
- Knowledge/some experience with Photoshop and video editing software
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,000 of them in 70 countries.
Why work here?
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
About the work environment
We are located in Boston's innovation district within walking distance from South Station. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work. Interns are invited to participate in plenty of fun events and to take advantage of weekly bagel Fridays, monthly cake days and our enormous kitchens and snack cupboard.