American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Consumer Engagement Marketing Manager (Mobile and Email). We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Consumer Engagement Marketing Manager (Mobile and Email) will play a critical role in the Marketing department. Specifically, the Consumer Engagement Marketing Manager (Mobile and Email) will be responsible for engaging consumers and driving consumer trial, adoption, cross-selling and utilization of clinical services. To do so, they will design, develop and execute mobile and email campaigns, for our consumer Amwell brand, as well as selected American Well employer, health plan, and health system clients.
Hands-on experience is strongly preferred, including developing and implementing cross-device engagement campaigns using push notifications, in-app messages, and email. Strong candidates will be familiar with A/B testing and optimization, as well as engagement campaign that maximize consumer lifetime value.
- Plan and execute engagement programs consisting of mobile messaging and email, to promote awareness and drive patient engagement
- Lead mobile messaging program using Appboy – to drive enrollment, cross-promote additional clinical services, re-engage inactive members, and drive app store ratings
- Manage email campaigns in Silverpop, including: database management, list segmentation, updating content in the email editor, managing sends for batch and automation, and reporting on results
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts with Appboy and Silverpop
- Manage monthly reporting on engagement campaigns for Amwell and clients
- Analyze and report on campaign results internally across teams and externally to clients
- Set up and implement post-visit patient surveys as needed
- Work with the consumer marketing team on broader initiatives that drive customer acquisition and engagement
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, ideally focused on mobile and email campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as economics, marketing, businesses, science or engineering
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple clients with multiple concurrent campaigns
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with an email automation system required
- Experience with mobile marketing, including push notifications and in-app messaging
- Experience with Appboy, tagging in TUNE, and Survey Monkey are a plus
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus
Should you join American Well and the Marketing team, you can expect:
The marketing team is a collaborative, data-driven and creative team comprised of; corporate communications, corporate marketing, client marketing, and consumer marketing. Because American Well is the leader in a fast-growing industry, we have the dual opportunity and challenge of building our brand while we simultaneously educate and excite people about telemedicine. We are the company’s – and our clients – go-to marketing agency. We’re responsible for company branding and promotion, customer utilization and success, prospect and product marketing, as well as supporting client retention and business development through outreach, strategy, content, and events.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Drop-off/pick up dry cleaning service
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks