Who we are:
Cartera Commerce’s loyalty solutions serve 4 of the top 10 card issuers, 5 of the top 6 airlines, and over 900 retailers. We have recently joined with Ebates, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping and a subsidiary of the global Internet services company, Rakuten. Cartera Commerce is based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
The Compliance Manager at Cartera Commerce is tasked with driving and managing cross-functional Client Audits and Regulatory Audits. We are seeking an individual with experience in finance, technology, and/or retail audit clients to take on this important internal and client-facing position. This position will work cross-functionally across departments and organizations, including Legal, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Technology, Operations, and Sales/Partnerships.
Responsibilities will include vendor risk management, business continuity management, root cause analysis, incident management, and communications (both internal and client-directed). The Compliance Manager will also assess gaps in governance, risk management and compliance and will manage the monitoring and remediation of issues. In addition, the Compliance Manager will be expected to create and deliver internal staff training programs as needed when client or regulatory requirements dictate them.
The Compliance Manager will be expected to have the ability to lead, develop, and implement assigned projects. They will be able to provide leadership guidance and management support while exhibiting a high degree of flexibility, initiative, and good judgement. This person will be required to manage multiple tasks and projects and also be able to handle confidential information diplomatically. This client-facing position requires a leader who is able to balance the business and technical sides of the Company, while also meeting client contractual obligations, data protection laws, and regulatory drivers.
The Compliance Manager will also support the compliance function for the larger Ebates organization, including FatWallet, Extrabux, and ShopStyle, in the US and internationally.
This position will report up to the General Counsel for Ebates Inc.
- Identify and document audit issues and make recommendations for improvement.
- Drive the Compliance risk Information Security Program (CISP), maintaining appropriate policies and procedures governing data, networks, and application systems.
- Identify and evaluate the organization’s risk areas and implement policies or processes to mitigate risk.
- Provide training, and guidance to Cartera and Ebates’ management and staff in regards to compliance and information security.
- Keep current with new developments in the security industry including alerts, bugs, vulnerabilities and viruses; evaluate and report on their potential business impact. Drive for timely remediation of critical vulnerabilities.
- Take the lead as the project manager and SME for all third-party client audits and internal security assessments including, SSAE 16 (SAS 70) audit.
- Project manage the annual PCI audits across the Ebates organization.
- Work with the parent company, Ebates Inc., to implement best compliance practices.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in financial audit, internal audit, or information security audit, which should include at least two years of experience with a “Big-Four” accounting firm.
- Deadline oriented work ethic with superior organizational skills.
- Financial institution risk management and fraud detection experience also a plus, but more importantly the ability to learn the requirements and apply them to our business.
- Ability to work across the entire organization at all levels and to motivate others to accomplish compliance and security related goals.
- Ability to learn and understand our technical environment and apply processes to mitigate risk.
- Adept skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Ability to develop new controls and/or adjust the program as situation dictates.
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Familiarity with loyalty marketing programs and experience working in feed processing environments.
- Industry certificates such as CISSP or CISA a plus.
- Knowledge of Japanese SOX requirements a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus.
- PCI knowledge a plus.
At Cartera Commerce, our employees are our most valuable assets – they are Cartera. We want you to succeed and go far here. Our dynamic environment lets you be you, while still collaborating toward team success. We want fun, proactive, high-energy individuals to join us in making people happy. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and dental insurance, matching 401(k), company-paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year. At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, apply today!