Wednesday August 15, 2012
Sonian provides a service for archiving data in the cloud
(email, files, social media). Get it in, find it, get it out again. Success in
cloud environments requires new and innovative thinking on systems architecture,
big data management, software development, cost control, and monitoring. Sonian
gets its “cloud street cred” by demonstrating the ability to manage thousands
of customers and petabytes of data, securely in a cloud environment.
We’re looking for a QA engineer to test our complex and highly distributed cloud-based web application.Test development will cover all major test areas including functional testing, performance, load/stress/scale testing and will include automated regression in close collaboration with Development. Our expertise comes from our innovation technology IP in the areas of cloud search, development, monitoring and reporting, and by joining our team you’ll expand your own proficiencies in these areas. Our web application allows customers to collect their data, search, view and work with it in our UI, and export it out of the system.
The ideal candidate is...
· an excellent coder with an intuitive grasp of technology and passionate about coding
· a contributor to open source projects
· not afraid to learn and figure things out for themselves
· a college graduate with a computer science degree
· agile, continuous integration, and test driven development-friendly
· Ruby/Rails or similar programming language
· test automation using Rspec/Cucumber, Selenium, Watir, Aruba
· HTML/CSS/JS - UI skills a plus
· Linux command line
· devops skills running software in cloud ecosystems (Amazon EC2, IBM Smartcloud, Rackspace Openstack...), a plus
...and enjoys perks like...
· great benefits
· flexible work location
· being on the cutting edge of cloud compute technologies