Client Support Advocate
Thursday February 14, 2013
10 State Street
Client Support Advocate
The Client Support Advocate will provide first line technical support and training to corporate customers and their clients for ByAllAccounts’ suite of financial software products. The representative is responsible for intake, troubleshooting, triage, and monitoring of reported product issues. This person interacts directly with product users via phone or email and works closely with product development to drive issues to completion and communicate issue resolution to customers. Other responsibilities include contributing to FAQ and support documentation to be used by customers and their clients, and communicating customer feedback to the product development team.
Support coverage hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, excluding financial market and company holidays.
This key, customer-facing role has the following responsibilities:
- Monitor the support phone, email, and web for issue submission during normal support hours. Ensure that monitoring will occur for all of these communication forms if the representative away from his desk or out of the office.
- Deliver training and technical support to new and existing customers.
- Analyze, recreate, troubleshoot and document application and data issues.
- Implement the organization’s prioritization scheme for outstanding issues and assist with escalation of issues as per this scheme.
- Manage the set of issues associated with a customer for both external and internal inquiry. Communicate interim status and final resolution of issues to users.
- Perform select account management activities, including but not limited to reporting internally on customer status as well as contacting customers regarding service and product feedback.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years performing first-line technical support for a software product in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Technical support experience with the following:
- Client-server applications
- Web-based applications
- Sun’s Java Run-time
- Microsoft SQL Server installation and limited aspects of configuration
- Application installation in Microsoft Windows environments (e.g. InstallShield)
- Run-time Windows application problems with Internet and database connectivity
- Experience delivering presentations to customers for well-defined subject matter
- Enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to understand and convey client business requirements to product development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting, analysis, and organizational / multitasking skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates with experience supporting financial applications are preferred
The following additional experience is a plus:
- 1-2 years experience in the Financial Services business domain. Portfolio accounting, investment performance reporting, data gathering/reconciliation, and tax lot accounting are examples of relevant areas.
- Candidates will be required to pass criminal background and credit checks before hiring, as well as periodically thereafter.