Working at FeatureX
FeatureX uses AI to discover meaningful patterns in the world's data. We use computer vision, deep learning and statistical machine learning to extract useful patterns that occur over time and present this information in a manner that is both valuable and easily understandable.
Learning is at the core of our culture; we attract scientists and engineers with a true passion for data and an eagerness to learn. You’ll join a collegial, smart, and encouraging team and you’ll work with them to invent and produce high-quality results. You’ll have the freedom to approach, own, and solve problems creatively.
FeatureX is based in Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA, one of the most dynamic technology environments in the world and home to leading tech and biotech firms. We're surrounded by lively restaurants and pubs, beautiful public spaces along the Charles River, and brilliant minds across the street at MIT. Kendall Square is at the center of the Boston innovation ecosystem, and FeatureX is proud to be part of it.
For an inside perspective on what it’s like to be a FeatureX team member, check us out online on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, and VentureFizz.
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer to lead a sharp and motivated team of machine learning and computer vision research scientists and software engineers.
As FeatureX CTO, you will work alongside experienced startup founders to build a platform as well as the applications on top of that platform. This role will shape the entire technology stack, including the backend databases, SOA platforms, APIs and the SaaS development environment for the products that FeatureX brings to market. You will have a significant amount of freedom in greenfield design. You will interact with prospects, customers and investors, and you will help attract and hire the best talent for your team. This is a hands-on role, so in addition to the above, we’re looking for someone who enjoys writing and reviewing code.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS and MS in computer science, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years managing software engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and employ strong communication skills
- Experience giving clear and effective presentations
- Current knowledge and experience with SOA and microservices
- Proven experience designing effective platforms and APIs
- Confidence in deploying on cloud services such as AWS
- Knowledge of machine learning, particularly deep learning
- Basic understanding of computer vision
- Familiarity with network security and SaaS application-level security