MassChallenge Inc. is a U.S.-based startup accelerator with existing programs in Boston, London, Lausanne, Jerusalem, and Mexico City. We are the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we provide startups with the access and resources they need to succeed - from free office space to mentoring, workshops and global network access.
After 7 years of generating significant results in our local community, in response to demand around the world, and in keeping with our mission to catalyze a global startup renaissance MassChallenge is expanding our organization rapidly. In 2017 we will embark on a significant philanthropic capital campaign in order to secure the resources necessary to scale our impact.
The successful candidate will support the growth of our entire organization in a specialized fundraising capacity. Fundraising experience and high-level business acumen are requirements. The Campaign Manager will assume project management role over the capital campaign, collaborating directly with MC executives and a small team of experienced MassChallenge fundraising staff who are helping to drive the process and contribute to the capital campaign’s success.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a high growth, rapidly changing organization and has a global awareness and passion for results. The candidate will thrive off the mission-driven startup environment of MassChallenge and will embrace difficult situations as opportunities to solve, rather than obstacles to avoid. He or she will bring a bias toward action, a willingness to roll up his or her sleeves, and the conviction to get meaningful results. This person should demonstrate passion for global startup ecosystems.
- Manage the MassChallenge $15M Global Growth capital campaign
- Organize pipelines, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines
- Recommend and manage the campaign budget
- Recommend revisions of the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals
- Provide an informed design of overall process to carry forward into a strategic and operational plan
- Manage prospect lists and research and establish solicitation priorities
- Manage the writing and development of Capital Campaign collateral and other materials
- Work with the MassChallenge Marketing and PR staff specialists to refine campaign communications and messaging
- Ensure that data related to donors and prospects is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files
- Scheduling meetings, preparing talking points, assembling presentations, and full meeting prep for Board members and Capital Raise Team
- Evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to Board members and Capital Raise Team
- Ensure donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition as appropriate
- Develop strategy for multi-year stewardship of gifts
- Integrate financial management of gifts, agreements, documentation, and revenue recognition protocols
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of relevant fundraising experience with a track record of success
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degrees and familiarity with nonprofit institutions preferred
- Superb written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, researchers, and donors/prospects
- Energetic, self-motivated, adaptable and flexible
- Extensive experience managing capital campaign budgets and cost line items
- Experience working with foundations/charities/HNW individuals/Impact funds/government agencies