VoltDB is looking for a high energy individual to join our Business Development team to generate qualified prospects for sales to close. Success in the BDR role requires a hunter-mentality with significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from marketing programs as well as independent prospecting. The individual hired for this role will be groomed to move into an Inside Sales Rep position.
- Master VoltDB’s target market, business drivers and strategies so that you can engage prospects and position VoltDB as a value-add solution.
- Reach out to and follow up with respondents from a variety of marketing programs and sales campaigns to initiate conversation, learn current business programs and qualify potential business applications.
- Execute the necessary daily activities as set forth by management, including phone calls and emails at a high quality to meet your monthly goals.
- Identify key targets in our database and initiate contact with appropriate suspects, leveraging research resources to create intrigue, assess their current business methods and position the VoltDB solution.
- Nurture and manage leads until they are qualified as sales-ready.
- Leverage all contacts to identify other prospects through referrals
- Identify decision makers and company goals to position VoltDB appropriately.
- Track all activity thoroughly in our CRM system to support account and management teams. Validate activity and lead qualification reports. Provide field representatives with solid prospect background on role, need and intrigue to ensure high-quality prospect transition into the sales process.
- Identify potential opportunities and transition leads to field representatives by proactively setting up sales appointments for further qualification discussions.
Desired Experience & Education
- BS or BA degree and a minimum of 1-year business experience in sales is preferred. Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience conducting business and building relationships using phone and email, with excellent phone, interpersonal, verbal & written capabilities
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace with the ability to “switch gears” quickly as the prospecting conversation warrants.
- Over-the-top motivation and creativity to successfully reach prospects and create conversations
- Comfortable recording notes, data, etc., into our CRM system (salesforce.com – we can only improve what we measure)
- Professional persistence & ability to “think on your feet” and make a compelling introduction. HUNTER mentality.
- Organizational skills and a results-oriented, self-starter attitude
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals – this position carries a qualified lead and pipeline quota and bonuses for exceeding quota.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, Salesforce.com and internet navigation.
Email your resume to email@example.com
This position is based in our Bedford, MA Headquarters.