Hydrow, Inc.: Video Editor
Hydrow is looking for a Video Editor to join our team - intended start date is early February 2019.
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
The Video Editor is responsible for all aspects of the final version of filmed episodes of Hydrow as well as promotional videos and other content as mutually agreed to working collaboratively with the Senior Video Editor.
The Video Editor will work closely with the entire content production team and report to the Senior Video Editor. The primary role of the Video Editor is to edit live video content from multiple crews to produce on demand recorded workouts that inspire people everywhere to engage with Hydrow to accomplish our mission: increased health and meaningful community engagement with our members.
Hydrow implements an Agile video production process to evaluate, iterate, and implement change on a rapid cycle basis, and the Video Editor will play a key role in this process by managing, communicating and documenting all of the processes and the changes and improvements that the teams agrees to with regard to video editing processes, and ensure ongoing delivery of on demand classes on a daily basis. The Video Editor’s enthusiasm for the mission of Hydrow is a critical component for the success of the company.
The Video Editor edits the live video content from on the water and on the mat to produce on demand episodes and will work closely with the entire film production team to create episodes that meet the goals and requirements of the Hydrow app. Episodes are broadcast from Boston, Miami Beach, and other locations.
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Collaborating closely with a content production team that includes multiple team members, primarily the Senior Video Editor, but also including Art Director, Director of Photography, Producer/Content Technical Director, Drivers, Gaffer, and other talent required to complete the episodes of Hydrow.
- Editing live rowing videos for our on demand workout library. Hydrow follow rowers on the water from a boat while live broadcasting with multiple cameras, which are then be edited for look, application of color correction, sound sync, etc. before publishing as on demand episodes.
- Editing live videos produced via live broadcasts from studio setting.
- Ensuring that sound quality and levels are optimized for every workout.
- Producing promotional and instructional videos periodically as agreed to with the team and coordinated with the regular production schedule on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborating with the entire Hydrow team to support the visual needs of Hydrow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year or equivalent experience in video editing.
- Comfortable using Final Cut Pro X or/and Adobe Premiere CC 2018. Experience using Apple OS X operating systems. Experience using After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve, or Avid Media Composer a plus.
- Experience in sound design/mixing preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work under deadlines, strong attention to detail, ability to complete projects in a multi-tasking environment are essential.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Excellent knowledge of the technical and logistical requirements for episodes of Hydrow as well as a strong aesthetic awareness and ability to achieve aesthetic and technical goals.
- Flexibility with schedule and travel. Ability to implement the mission in every episode Hydrow produces, including clean water initiatives and support for Hydrow partnerships.
REPORTS TO: Senior Video Editor
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it began shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.
More Jobs From