Office Tour Photos
Software Engineer - Technical Services
TriNetX is the global health research network that optimizes clinical research and enables discoveries through the generation of real-world evidence. TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought.
Currently, TriNetX has access to an international growing patient population of over 300M, representing 10s of billions of clinical data points. With headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, TriNetX is one of the fastest-growing, privately-held companies in the areas life sciences corridor.
We are looking for a talented, energetic, and motivated individual to join our team as a Software Engineer. The Software Engineer will be a member of our Client Services Data Acquisition team and will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for our healthcare data acquisition capabilities and initiatives.
A successful Software Engineer candidate must have experience developing high-level solution designs, in conjunction with IT Architects, and be able to communicate those designs effectively to team members. The individual must effectively work independently and across the team leveraging their broad and deep technical skills and experience to ensure effective, maintainable and quality deliverables are produced, based on requirements.
- Collaborate effectively within TriNetX to define data acquisition solution product requirements based on TriNetX business objectives.
- Use best practices for the design, development, implementation, validation, and optimization of data acquisition solutions using TriNetX technology standards
- Conduct testing and issue resolution ensuring data acquisition solutions satisfy operational acceptance criteria across our customer base.
- Create solution documentation for internal TriNetX support as well as for external customers.
- Contribute to multiple simultaneous customer engagements using effective workload management and prioritization capabilities.
- Adhere to healthcare data governance policies including the protection of protected health information (PHI) or personal information (PI) and the reporting of breaches of defined policies.
What you bring to the table:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters degree a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years software engineering to include product development experience with data integration and data warehousing.
- Experience in database concepts, logical modeling, physical design and database installation, configuration, and optimization.
- Experience writing scripting languages in Windows and Unix-based operating systems.
- Experience communicating with customers internal and external.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle as well as ETL tool development.
- Programming experience developing software using scripts and programming languages. (Python, Java, SQL, Unix shell scripting, Windows batch scripting.)