Office Tour Photos
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup that is disrupting a $5.7T market nows the time! Join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
In a nutshell
We're taking Takeoff Technologies to the next level and are looking for a Software Engineer to support us in developing next generation software systems and revolutionize the grocery industry. As a Software Engineer, you will work directly with the engineering, product, operations, and design teams to build and improve upon our core platform technology that will enable Takeoff to achieve the full promise of disrupting a $5.7T market worldwide. Opportunities for learning is vast and youll have the chance to work in a variety of programming languages, mobile and desktop platforms, and technology frameworks.
This is exciting because you will:
- Work using the latest cloud platform technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Azure), CI/CD tools/frameworks (GitHub, Jenkins), SDLC processes (Jira, OpsGenie), and modern architectural patterns (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Work in an agile environment on a small scrum team
- Collaborate with engineering, product, operations, and design teams across in-house and remote teams to launch apps and continuously improve them across multiple customer deployments to deliver the best online grocery shopping experience
- Communicate across teams in different geographical locations to build a seamless user experience for everyday grocery shoppers and store employees
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups
- Evaluating and testing code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Work on meaningful projects that will affect and improve the lives of people from all walks of life
What you bring to the table
- 2-3 years professional experience designing and developing software
- Well-rounded experience with full stack development
- Experience with team-based Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with software development best practices in a variety of languages/frameworks
- Understanding of and hold value in test driven development techniques
- Knowledge of RESTful API best practices and strong software architectural design
- Passion for maintaining up-to-date documentation to facilitate continuous improvement and streamlined communication
- Ability to pick up new technologies and programming languages quickly
- Motivated to drive self-learning
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas crisply and listen with empathy, especially across remote teams
- Understanding of usability, interaction design principles, and an awareness of how product design impacts business outcomes
- Flexibility for travel (~10%) to client sites and team events
Why youll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- Were disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- Youll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, is dedicated to mentoring and nurturing professional growth of all employees, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking and commuter benefits
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.
More Jobs From