At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Hopper is a fast growing company seeking to continually redefine how people travel. We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Project Manager who has proven experience leading critical / complex engineering initiatives. If you are passionate about rolling up your sleeves to co-create high-quality solutions with business and technical teams, we would love to hear from you!
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
The ideal candidate will be organized, articulate, persuasive and have the ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure. They understand how to translate strategy into execution by influencing change across people, process, and technology.
- 5+ years of experience leading technical projects
- Demonstrable track record of leading cross-functional teams to achieve critical business initiatives
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A good understanding of project methodologies and how to apply them to real world situations
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt to evolving organization and changes in priority
- A positive, approachable attitude that is always willing to help
- You have an appreciation for simplification and increasing the ease of doing business
- Data-driven decision-maker with the ability to build/run basic queries and reports
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Define and establish the role of Project Management as Hoppers first technical Project Manager
- Manage and drive the execution of all phases of the project lifecycle
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Collaborate with and manage stakeholders across all levels of the company to drive / implement critical engineering initiatives
- Lead complex/critical projects by fostering a team mentality, providing clear business communication, and maintaining team focus to ensure the most favorable outcome for Hopper
- Leverage Jira, Google Collaboration tools, and Confluence to coordinate cross functional teams and provide up to date visibility into project status and timelines
- Leverage your previous experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
More Jobs From