Office Tour Photos
Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment and providing consumers a more natural food supply.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Indigo you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization. We believe that understanding our customers problems are critical to helping us prioritize features which leads to a strong roadmap. In this role, you will lead a product line or feature set and be responsible for the overall success of that product.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
We cant make good product decisions without voice of customer and it will be your responsibility to make sure we get that. Both internal and external stakeholders alike. Products need to bring value and be profitable and you will take a lead role in driving us towards that. There are many product lines or areas of innovation within the walls of Indigo and the external community. Part of your job will be to balance between feature enhancements for existing customers, alongside internal and external innovative integrations. In other words, we dont have to build everything ourselves!
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Develop deep understanding of existing and planned platform solution and capabilities
- Analyze 3rd-party vendor landscape and propose partnership / integration strategy
- Analyze competitive landscape and present to Technology leadership
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the indigo organization to help determine the business impact and short and long-term vision for your product
- Define and create product detailed product roadmap
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices definition and execution, inculcating and championing those best practices at Indigo
- Institute and execute stakeholder review meetings for product or product line at agreed-to cadence
- Work closely with all internal product related teams to ensure alignment across Product Development processes
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide visibility into product or product line decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal external customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication which helps to get design feedback early and often
- Clearly articulate product value to senior management
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for software product or product line, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Able to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Able to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes
- Experience with data science and machine-learning.
- Experience with data optimization and research.
- Knowledge of marketing technology space, including market trends and emerging technologies
- Hands-on engineering experience
- Experience with analytics, A/B testing, and/or recommendation systems
- 7-10 years Technical Product Management Experience
- Experience with data science and machine-learning
- Track record of building and delivering excellent customer-facing software products
- Experience working with software engineering teams in an agile/lean development environment
- Experience building product that delights customers
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- Market-facing launch experience
More Jobs From