Office Tour Photos
Senior Storage Engineer
About the Team:
In this position, you will grow your career AND you will work with the latest and greatest technology. The Intralinks Infrastructure Engineering and Support team is responsible for the underlying infrastructure of the customer facing production platform and supporting environments (Development, QC, Staging, etc.) across multiple datacenters. The team consists of System, Storage and Virtualization administrators. A core focus of this team is in the availability (uptime), sustainability and auditability of these various environments supporting the Intralinks SaaS offerings.
Intralinks is currently looking for a Senior Storage Engineer, who thrives working in a high energy, fast paced environment to join our Infrastructure Engineering and Support team located in our Boston Development facility.
- Operate in complex, highly-secure, highly-available, operations-centric datacenter environments and interact with other technology domain experts as required, to build and maintain the infrastructure solutions in those datacenter environments.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Storage & Backup systems, including SAN, NAS and Backup solutions across all tiers, under minimal supervision.
- Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for server and storage platforms.
- Executes and provides feedback for operational policies, procedure, processes and standards.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on rotating schedule.
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
- Develop automation scripts focusing on the enhancement and efficiency of day-to-day tasks executed by the team.
- Provide mentorship to emerging talent within the infrastructure team.
- Experience working in large, complex, production datacenter environments.
- A well-organized, action-oriented team player with the ability to prioritize daily work, change directions quickly, work with geographically dispersed cross-functional virtual teams and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Expert knowledge in designing, deploying and supporting SAN, NAS and Backup solutions in a private cloud model. (NetApp, Pure and Cohesity)
- Strong experience with enterprise Unix (RedHat, Solaris) administration and automation.
- Solid understanding of containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with build and configuration tools (e.g., Chef, Jenkins).
- Proficiency with scripting tools like PowerShell, and languages like Python and BASH
- Familiarity with typical infrastructure vendors, such as Cisco, Supermicro, Dell EMC, Pure Storage, HPE, Nutanix, etc
- Working knowledge in Amazon Cloud infrastructure.
- Understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring.
- Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support.
- Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices.
- Be able to understand performance analysis tools, using them to tune and optimize computing hardware and operating systems.
- What will set you apart:
- NetApp NCDA or higher
- RedHat RHCSA or higher
- VMware VCP or higher
- AWS certification
- Bachelor degree in computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent experience preferred
More Jobs From