SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company has hub offices in the US, Australia and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about sports and accounting
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Verify the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger by investigating variances, identifying and solving issues, and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for appropriately under applicable guidance
- Key member of team for month-end close
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Complete monthly royalty reconciliations
- Manage sales and use tax compliance and filings, utilizing Avalara
- Assist with the management of sales orders through Amazon/Shopify
- Review and approve sales orders including revenue recognition and sales taxability
- Review and approve accounts payable vendor invoices
- Research accounting issues and implement procedures to ensure transactions are properly recorded under GAAP
- Assist with the implementation and development of systems, controls, policies and procedures to support growth and expansion.
- Partner with various business units to ensure financial accountability and provide analytics to drive business performance
- Key contributor to financial statement audit
- Collaborate with counterparts in Australia, South America and the UK which would include evening availability for calls when necessary.
- Other special projects
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required, Masters degree preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Sound understanding of US GAAP, general ledger and month end processes
- Experience in a global organization with intercompany and foreign currency transactions
- MS-Office proficiency, specifically intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Netsuite
- Experience with Avalara or other sales tax solution
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork and ability to interface with employees at all levels of management
- Strong initiative and ability to work with very little supervision
Why Youll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here and we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.