Office Tour Photos
ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
Were looking for a top-notch, hands-on Senior Security Engineer to join our talented SRE/Security Engineering team and help us elevate our game when it comes to designing, building and operating secure, high-performance and highly-available systems.
At ezCater, every engineer is responsible for the software they build, and the Site Reliability Engineers play a critical part in providing the tools, practices, and expertise to support them in a secure manner.
Our production systems are hosted in AWS data centers running multiple Rails and Node.js services in Kubernetes. We employ continuous delivery to allow our developers to deploy as often as they need. Our systems are stable and fire drills are rare. Technologies were currently using include:
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache) and Ubuntu Linux
- Kubernetes, Postgres, Redis, Memcached, ElasticSearch
- Terraform, Chef, Fluentd, Test Kitchen, DataDog, Sumo Logic
In this mission-critical role, you will:
- Own the maturity and growth of ezCaters security infrastructure
- Be responsible for our security engineering with respect to our microservices platform (Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, and so forth). Think kube-hunter, Twistlock, Clair
- Secure our AWS accounts which host ezCaters products in order to meet compliance standards (such as CIS 20)
- Design, deploy, or operate perimeter security solutions to protect our systems from DDoS attacks, rogue bots, and credential stuffing
- Deploy and operate Intrusion Detection solutions for a cloud native ecosystem (Kubernetes/Docker) to operate at the network and container level. Think Sysdig, Falco
- Collaborate to create security focused tools and frameworks
- Participate (and sometimes run point) in handling technical security incidents
- Monitor applications/systems for threats and vulnerabilities
- Work closely with engineering teams to conduct root cause analysis for production incidents, and evolve infrastructure and tooling
In summary, we want a talented security engineer to join our already talented team, to come and run our cloud security engineering program. Be that person!
This role might be that rare opportunity if you:
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, no red-tape, rapid-growth environment
- Love building tooling and infrastructure
- Love eliminating repetitive manual tasks through automation
- Have a healthy appreciation of what it means to work in production
- Have solid Unix command line and systems chops
- Have experience with Cloud infrastructure (experience with Cloud security is a plus)
- Have foundational knowledge of hardening, patch management, pen testing, networking, vulnerability testing, open systems, applications, and web and public facing systems
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. Youll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCaters radical transparency and trust, youll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
More Jobs From