As Bullhorns Sr. DBA, you will be an experienced, self-motivated, passionate, dedicated highly productive DBA to join the Technology group to design and support critical database infrastructure. In addition, this DBA is expected to be self-starter who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Were looking for someone that believes learning and continuous improvement is the primary responsibilities of a DBA.
Why this job is important:
You will be involved in enterprise-scale DB deployments in real-time environments, as well as performance tuning, schema design, capacity planning, and monitoring.
As a Senior DBA, a Typical Day Might Include:
Developing and tracking key database measures and metrics
Configuring, deploying, maintaining, tuning and monitoring all database instances
Supporting other internal Bullhorn teams with Database needs
Troubleshooting performance and non-performance related issues either independently or in conjunction with other DBAs.
Ensuring 24/7 availability of the production application environment. This will include 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis.
This Job Might Be For You If:
You have MS SQL Server experience
You have 5+ years DB support role in a 24x7 production environment
You have the ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
You are self-motivated, independent, and exhibit attention to detail
You possess excellent organizational skills and communication skills both written and verbal
Bonus Points For:
- You have Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with multiple RDBMS systems (SQLServer, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB)
- Experience with automating tasks with scripts (Powershell, Python)
- Experience with both on prem and cloud hosted services (Azure, AWS)
- Experience using Failover clustering / Availability Groups, Replication and Log shipping
- Experience maintaining a high volume, mission critical application in a SaaS environment
Strong culture makes Bullhorn a great place to work! Our offices offer a casual, collaborative environment with weekly catered-in lunch and breakfast, and monthly "First Thursday" social events. Bullhorn offers unlimited vacation, quarterly paid volunteer days through its philanthropic group Bullhorn Cares, and an open invitation to Bullhorn Allies groups, which celebrate and cultivate diversity and inclusion for all employees.
You Might Be a Fit For Bullhorn If:
- You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are confident and love sharing success with your team
- You take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
More Jobs From