Office Tour Photos
As a Segment Marketing Manager, youll be responsible for leading our understanding of and go-to-market approach for lower SMB online brands. This role is equal parts marketing strategist and practitioner -- and 100% customer-centric. The successful candidate will be just as comfortable with win-loss analysis and making recommendations for distribution channels as they are chatting up existing and prospective Klaviyo customers and making copy suggestions for our website.
How you will make a difference:
- Market research. Calculate the total addressable market for lower SMB online brands. Use a combination of quantitative and qualitative research to identify market problems and opportunities. Document and distribute competitive momentum. Identify reasons why we are and are not successful with the market segment today.
- Strategic messaging development. Translate market research into a compelling narrative for every stage of the buyer journey. Work closely with your marketing team peers to define how best to articulate that narrative across each touchpoint, and monitor the experience we deliver to entrepreneurial ecommerce brands to ensure were communicating effectively.
- Segment-specific marketing planning. Use market research and messaging strategy to develop a go-to-market plan specific to your audience segment. Define key channels, content types, and activities to ensure were effective at reaching ecommerce entrepreneurs, making them aware of Klaviyo, and motivating them to consider our product.
- Persona development & training. Refine and/or develop personas specific to your market segment. Ensure those personas and any supporting materials are kept up-to-date, and work across the organization to help develop and strengthen understanding of and empathy for lower SMB businesses.
- Your success requires close collaboration with your peers in marketing, as well as those in sales, success, and product management team. Your success will ultimately be measured against growth in monthly recurring revenue in your customer segment.
Who You Are:
- Youre a strong marketer who defaults to a customer-first perspective.
- You love learning everything there is to know about your audience, and youre exceptionally skilled at transforming that understanding into a compelling marketing strategy.
- Youre a strong verbal and written communicator; you love being deep in the weeds of market research, but can just as easily get into copywriting.
- Youre a goal oriented natural leader who is comfortable working cross-functionally, and you dont need to fall back on reporting lines in order to rally others in the organization to your point of view.
- Youre motivated by a high growth environment and teamwork.
- While its not a requirement for the role, you probably have or have at least considered an MBA.
- And most importantly, you have a sincere passion helping businesses succeed.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the worlds leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesnt force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. Thats why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
More Jobs From