Office Tour Photos
Carbonite’s is looking to add a Junior Salesforce Developer to the Business Applications Team. You would be working daily with a mix of Business Analysts and Developers on the Salesforce platform, building out solutions and integrations for the Sales and Marketing teams. Carbonite recognizes the importance of the Salesforce eco-system, and we as a team intend to deliver maximum value to the business. You will be exposed to a variety of technologies (marketing automation, integration platforms, databases, billing platforms, App Exchange apps, and more).
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Develop an understanding of our products and go to market strategy, as well as Sales and Marketing team structures and objectives.
- Develop an understanding of our applications architecture and core business application functions.
- Take on an active role in ongoing projects, as well as daily requests from the business.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Proactively uncover opportunities to improve and optimize processes and interfaces on the Salesforce platform.
- Continue to support ongoing projects, as well as daily requests from the business.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- There are multiple concurrent initiatives; business application stack refactoring, corporate acquisitions, supporting rapidly scaling go-to-market projects – to be able to effectively work with multiple teams to prioritize and deliver on each of these projects will be key.
- To be successful will require extreme ownership, with a drive to become the Subject Matter Expert of your domain – using that expertise to build a platform upon which the enterprise can grow and scale. Extreme ownership means being hands-on with data, systems and processes.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- You are technical – but you are business minded. I.e. you don’t want to code for coding’s sake, but you want the work you develop to make an impact for the business.
- This means you’re able to speak at technical levels to developers, but also in business application terms to non-technical business users.
- Carbonite’s growth phase requires flexibility; being able to adapt with ease.
- The ability to see multiple paths to success for every challenge and then effectively choose and implement the correct one.
- Good sense of humor goes a long way!
Skills & Experience:
- An engineering degree/background
- Proven programming language capability; C#, Java
- Hands-on database experience, with a strong understanding of data-models and SQL
- Strong MS Excel capabilities for modeling data
- Clear and confident communicator, both in person and in writing (requirements documentation, design documentation, etc) – your ideas, challenges and proposals need to be heard and understood.
What you'll gain:
- Ideally you have Salesforce.com Admin and Apex development experience - but if not, we'll train you.
- The Carbonite team is engaged in the Salesforce community, encouraging attendance at local events.
- Obtaining Salesforce certifications is encouraged; and paid for by the company.
- You will gain a broad understanding of the modern "Business Application Stack" - ie the systems and processes that support a company from within - touching nearly every part of the enterprise - Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering and Customer Support.
Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From