HealthEdge is looking for a Java Software Engineer who is passionate about solving real world business problems to join our team. In this role, you will work on developing solutions that help our customers integrate with our product suite. You will be working as a problem solver with plenty of unique assignments within the department. This hire will be a key member of the team involved with debugging and analysis, design discussions, coding on the back end and will work heavily with the database and J2EE/integration technologies.
Who you are:
You will be an experienced Java developer with background in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) concepts and development. You will be responsible for the debugging and analyzing the issues reported by the customer as first point of contact on a production support team. As a follow up to analysis and debugging, you will be involved in all phases of software development including requirements definition, design, architecture, development, testing, and integration to bring cutting edge solutions to market.
What you will do:
- Act as the Sustaining Engineer as part of Production Support teams to analyze the issues reported by customer.
- Debug existing Java code to identify any bug being raised.
- Work as part of agile team to implement new features/Fix bugs in existing code according to the requirements while adhering to the best coding development standards.
- Ensure applications receive thorough unit and integration testing.
- Run data loads for legacy data conversion and resolve any technical issues faced during the data load.
- Provide solution support and troubleshooting following deployment. Occasional off-hours or weekend support may be needed.
- Learn fast and solve challenging problems with minimal guidance.
- Performing all job functions with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
What you bring:
- A minimum of 2-4 years' related experience in a commercial software development role.
- BS/MS Computer Science.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills and excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with Customer-first attitude.
- Strong Hands-on development experience using Java, J2EE, XML, SOAP/Rest and SQL.
- Experience with one or more integration Frameworks like Spring, Apache Camel and OSGI containers like Apache Karaf preferred.
- Experience with Linux and shell or other Unix scripting languages as well as with Oracle or other enterprise-class RDBMS.
- Experience working with WebLogic application server.
- Knowledge on IDE as Eclipse (or IntelliJ, etc.), build and test frameworks like Maven, Junit and Continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Prior experience with healthcare applications is a plus.
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle using an Agile development process.
- Location near company headquarters in Burlington, MA is required.
More Jobs From