Office Tour Photos
This is a key position reporting directly to the SVP, IT Finance, HR, Legal. The successful candidate will be an energetic and clear communicator who possesses outstanding organizational management and Finance business acumen. This director will have outstanding management skills and will be adept at collaborating with various stakeholders across IT and the business. This includes working with the business partners and stakeholders to understand the business processes, priorities and current risks and issues. This director will work hand in hand with the business partners to develop tactical roadmaps and solutions to address and solve for the relevant business problems in Finance. The candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, judgment, integrity, and leadership. This position is located in Boston, Massachusetts and may require approximately 25% travel.
Duties & Responsibilities
This person will work closely with the SVP to assure the Finance priorities are understood and prioritized. Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with the Finance business partners to understand the current business processes, including pain points and areas that could improve the Finance business.
- Work hand in hand with the business to understand and document priorities to address current issues and to improve the business.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for Finance and help to drive the right priority within IT.
- Ensure projects are sourced with appropriate resources from IT.
- Oversee the execution of projects and programs for Finance, ensuring that the needs of the business are being addressed and that the business stakeholders are integrally involved in the projects.
- Represent the business priorities within the IT governance process.
- Utilize appropriate and frequent communication mechanisms with the business stakeholders to manage their priorities and projects.
Skills & Experience
This person is a self-motivated individual with excellent team management and organizational skills who possesses:
- Integrity - By reputation and by consistent performance, they must be viewed by the C-level executive team as utterly trustworthy, and by other levels of the organization as a fair and trusted member of the IT team.
- Emotional stability and resilience - Due to the high stakes attached to each strategic initiative, and by virtue of the high level of accountability that is expected of each stakeholder, the atmosphere in which they work is one of high expectations.
- BA degree in business, finance, or related discipline, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of business experience working with senior leadership and executive levels of organizations preferred
- 5+ years of experience working with Finance functions
- 5+ years of experience working with SAP financial modules required
- Proficient People manager with experience of performance management and goal setting for team members.
- Ability to take high-level ideas, strategies, and ambiguous objectives, and translate them into clear strategic communication artifacts for multi-level audiences – executives to specific team members.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to drive structured problem solving and solutions across broad stakeholder groups.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively to deal well with shifting priorities and assignments.
- Presents an appropriately professional image; communicates clearly, concisely, and diplomatically.
- Develops and fosters strong business relationships with colleagues on a global basis.
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative, efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Respects confidential / sensitive information.
- Motivated to continuously learn new things, maintaining a positive attitude.
- Flexible working style that is adaptable to disparate audiences and working styles.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From