Office Tour Photos
Carbonite is seeking an energetic and self-motivated HR Business Partner who will support functional leaders of various business units to cultivate a culture that supports the company’s mission, vision and core values.
In this role, you will contribute hands-on in the delivery of initiatives to meet company goals. You’ll be an advisor and partner with your internal clients (such as managers, directors and leadership) for employee relations, organizational design and development, performance management, employee development and succession planning. As a business partner, you will align business objectives with employees and management within the functions you support. Additionally, you’ll be the trusted resource and go-to partner for the managers and leaders that you support.
Our ideal candidate should be proactive and have the ability to anticipate the functional needs and propose solutions for their clients. You should think strategically but have the ability to execute successfully. You’ll join a top-notch global HR team (learning & development, HRIS, operations, compensation and benefits) who support 1,000 talented employees in various functions. You should welcome challenges and the ability to make a positive impact within a fast-growing company.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Internalize the mission and vision, culture and core values. Learn why Carbonite has been named one of the Best Places to Work. This is key to future success.
- Provide support for an integrating and ever-changing environment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned functions you will support. Navigate their needs and future direction to align HR initiatives to the overall functional strategy.
- Establish trusted relationships with internal clients within the sales and marketing function.
- Provide support for employee relations to proactively mitigate risks while promoting the goal of improving the workplace and culture.
- Collaborate with HR centers of excellence (learning & development, benefits, comp, HRIS) to more effectively support business.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- All of the above, plus;
- Support and coach managers in successfully delivering feedback and employee development programs for performance improvement.
- Partner with functional leaders to assess team effectiveness and related organizational structure.
- Foster a positive organizational climate through support of open and effective communications among managers and staff.
- Develop, design and implement strategic HR initiatives, goals & objectives, performance management, workforce planning, change management, and employee retention.
- Analyze employment trends and metrics and make recommendations for improvement.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support multiple internal clients within a very fast-paced and high-growth company. To be successful, you’ll need to utilize your business acumen with departments you support to truly partner in providing insight to impactful business decisions. You will be a steward for company culture, you will be an employee champion, you will be a change agent.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development or related fields.
- 4+ years of progressive experience as an HR professional, with the core experience supporting a business unit(s) with HR business partner duties.
- Proven knowledge and experience with human resources best practices and employment law.
- You have a proven track record of establishing relationships across all levels of staff, from mid-management through C-level and strong stakeholder credibility.
- You have the ability to think creatively and strategically, but also capable of consistently and successfully delivering on tactical responsibilities.
- You have exceptional communication, problem-solving and assessment skills.
- You have a strong analytic capability and can identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to talent decisions.
- You are flexible and comfortable working in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment.
- You have (and enjoy!) navigating the ‘grey’ areas of HR.
- Experience working in the Technology industry or with high-growth companies preferred.
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From