Office Tour Photos
Wayfair is seeking a Head of Design to lead the development of brand definition and ensure our brand is appropriately interpreted through the teams work. The Head of Design will provide the creative vision for the design team and champion that vision across the organization. They will establish processes and practices for realizing the vision and set the bar for quality. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the look and feel of our brand and direct a growing team of designers of all levels.
You will be an essential leader for the Wayfair Creative Teams mission to create experiences that are synonymous with home and recognized alongside the best brands in the world. You will be responsible for the visual identity of the Wayfair Brand and sub-brands, working with leaders across Brand, Marketing, Storefront and Imagery for full buy-in to the brand identity, execution of creative, infusion into the product experience and development of assets used broadly throughout Wayfair.
You have a vision for how to solve problems, grow brands and deliver strong cohesive work. A strong leader, you have a passion for process, people and leadership. This role requires innovative thinking and a unique perspective on traditional and online media. This senior creative thought leader takes a "roll up your sleeves" approach to day-to-day workflow, providing creative direction and supervision to a broad design team and acting as an individual contributor on some projects.
Ideal candidates will thrive on the unexpected and have experience working through high-visibility projects with a highly skilled team. Your ever-changing, day-to-day responsibilities will exercise all creative muscles; Its essential that you are team oriented and resourceful, and dont view any individual responsibility as below or above your scope.
What Youll Do
- Work cross-functionally and partner with other business groups at Wayfair, including colleagues in the EU to create global standards.
- Serve as the design subject matter expert and thought leader across the company as well as the broader design community.
- Seek and develop ways of helping the team work smarter, faster, and easier.
- Stay up to date with the most recent design and technology trends.
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Analyze performance metrics, consumer insights and other data and use that information to guide creative decisions.
- Explain, discuss, and justify design decisions eloquently. Give effective feedback and direction to other team members
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
What Youll Bring
- Excellent leadership skills which will allow multiple teams to work cohesively as well as mentoring the evolution of more junior team members.
- High Visual Design standards along with the ability to create a seamless customer experience throughout various customer journeys.
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
- A confident builder and leader of teams, mentoring and guiding creative talent
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience in web, digital, email, print and traditional advertising and 5+ years managing creative teams and individuals.
- Exceptional creative, with a portfolio of beautiful design work.
Candidates must submit a portfolio of work in order to be considered.
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From