The Fraud Analyst will support the Fraud Manager. The position of Fraud Analyst will be required to identify fraudulent activity and resolve in a fast-paced environment. The Fraud Analyst will utilize data, tools, and knowledge to protect our members, employees, and assets.
- Responsible for monitoring queues and alert systems, in particular new members showing a higher risk of fraud.
- Monitor internal reports to identify anomalies and high-risk accounts.
- Review and respond to escalated internal tickets and issues
- Utilize skip-tracing methods to locate individuals to confirm authenticity of accounts and transactions.
- Conduct investigations using all available tools, analyze the data to determine a resolution, and document all actions taken during the investigation.
- Effectively initiates contact with members to review suspicious activity; and if necessary, take appropriate actions to mitigate risk.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of law enforcement and fraud victims.
- Responsible for tracking fraud activity and establishing trends.
- Ability to manage time effectively; multi-task and prioritize work.
- Remain up-to-date on industry best practices, trends and fraud behaviors through internal and external professional development opportunities
- Working knowledge of PCI / PII Security Standards.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education & Experience: Equivalent to completion of four years of college level coursework in criminal justice, legal or a field related to the work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Strong sense of commitment, integrity & responsibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail
- This is a position of trust, and must have experience in maintaining high levels of confidentiality
- Familiarity with card-not-present anti-fraud solutions
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or other professional certifications preferred
More Jobs From