Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industrys largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing to and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more
Were on the lookout for a strong Design Manager for Wayfair Creative: a visionary and leader who can help grow our brand, conceptualizing and executing design for everything from promotional campaigns to social media channels and a variety of other marketing creative projects. Your work will be seen by millions and contribute heavily to the visual evolution of the Wayfair brand. This role will also lead a small team of designers and requires someone who is a strategic thinker, collaborative partner to both cross-functional & creative leaders, strong communicator and a natural manager-doer.
What Youll Do:
- Conceptualize and design for a variety of marketing channels including Email, Social Media, Display, and on-site creative.
- Able to manage and support a small team of designers (2-3)
- Review and thoughtfully critique your teams work, providing actionable feedback and helpful suggestions.
- Support in collaborative brainstorms, concept development, and presentations with creative peers and cross-functional partners
- Possess an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet business goals
- Be a strong communicator, an organized team player, and willing to pitch in on additional projects
What Youll Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in e-commerce
- Experience working in an agency or in-house creative setting
- Experience managing or mentoring designers
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or a related field
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Sketch is a plus
- Strong concepting, typography, and layout design skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills
- Confident in abilities and able to articulate ideas and opinions
- Organized and able to produce quality work in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Always seeking knowledge in design, art, and technology, and stays up to date on current trends
- Have an enthusiastic and flexible work ethic with a sense of humor(!)
For consideration, an online portfolio or samples of your work are required. We would love to see:
- Work that demonstrates a strong eye for design, a respect for brand standardsboth following and creating them.
- A resume design that entices us to click through to your portfolio
- A showcase of your digital design prowess
- A showcase of your love of experimentation and a command of available technology.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From