Office Tour Photos
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup that is disrupting a $5.7Tn market nows the time! Join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
We are looking for a Data Warehouse Developer to join our growing engineering team here in Waltham. You will be leading teams helping to build out our emerging data warehouse platform. In addition to working with the engineering team, you will also collaborate with product owners and technology partners, help to chart the course of our platform, manage its growth and apply your creativity to our scaling challenges.
This is exciting because you will:
- Work using the latest cloud platform technologies (Google Cloud Platform, Azure), CI/CD tools/frameworks (GitHub, Jenkins), SDLC processes (Jira, OpsGenie), and modern architectural patterns (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Work in an agile environment on a small scrum team
- Collaborate with engineering, product, operations, and design teams across in-house and remote teams to launch apps and continuously improve them across multiple customer deployments to deliver the best online grocery shopping experience
- Involved in designing, developing, and supporting new and current ETL processes employing industry standards and best practices, as well as reporting and dashboard environments.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data warehouse architecture development and utilization
- Carry out monitoring, tuning, and database warehouse performance analysis
- Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
- Work on meaningful projects that will affect and improve the lives of people from all walks of life
What you bring to the table
- 2-3 years professional experience in ETL pipelines and data warehouse development
- Strong relational database skills, including knowledge of E/R modeling and conventions and best practices
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, Google Bigquery, and Snowflake
- Experience building solution on public clouds, such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with team-based Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with software development best practices in a variety of languages/frameworks
- Understanding of and hold value in test driven development techniques
- Knowledge of RESTful API best practices and scripting languages, preferably Python
- Passion for maintaining up-to-date documentation to facilitate continuous improvement and streamlined communication
- Motivated to drive self-learning
- Ability to communicate ideas crisply and listen with empathy, especially across remote teams
- Flexibility for travel (~10%) to client sites and team events
Why youll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- Were disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- Youll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, is dedicated to mentoring and nurturing professional growth of all employees, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking and commuter benefits
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability, and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status.
More Jobs From