Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
As a security company, Sophos takes its own security very importantly and has an internal IT Security team which focuses on protecting Sophos’ own systems and infrastructure.
This role is for a cybersecurity architect to join this team, reporting into the Security and Risk Manager.
This a great opportunity to help secure a world-leading security company. As you’d expect you’ll be joining an organisation that takes security seriously. You will get the opportunity to work with some world-leading experts from across the company in a fast-paced & exciting environment where security is a priority.
As part of this role you will need to:
- Our security variance programme.
- Our security remediation programme.
- Our security architecture review programme.
- The Sophos group-wide risk register.
- The development of security policy, standards, procedures and documentation.
- Investigation & root cause analysis of security events & incidents escalated from our security operation centre.
- Expert Training and knowledge transfer to peers, the security operations centre and the wider IT team.
Staff education and awareness.
Have and maintain an expert knowledge of:
- Infosec industry trends and developments and advise on changes to the threat landscape.
- The relevant legislative, contractual, compliance and technical information security requirements.
- Project manage and plan the work of cross-functional teams on cybersecurity & compliance projects.
- Articulate complex technical security issues into business focused terms and communicate with senior stakeholders across the business.
- Identify, proposes and initiate improvements to the organisations security posture.
- Assist and mentor other team members.
- Occasionally required to be available out-of-hours.
- Works closely with Internal Audit, Legal and the IT team.
- Advices managers and teams across the business on security risk and compliance.
- Reports to the Strategy and Risk Manager.
- Educated to bachelor degree level
- Security-related professional certification (CISSP, etc)
Skills and Experience
- Expertise in IT security risk management in a business context with practical experience developing and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Significant experience in a senior security role.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving company environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate across and up the organization including internal communication to gain buy-in on security strategy.
- Knowledge of Sophos products.
- Experienc working in a global environment
- Experience securing an AWS environment
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From