Office Tour Photos
EF Go Ahead Tours is looking for an Associate Director of UX to join our growing team.
As the Associate Director of UX on a cross-functional Agile product team, youll work with closely with product managers, developers, copywriters, and business stakeholders to build and optimize our ecommerce experiences.
The perfect candidate will have several years of experience building and iterating products based on customer feedback and needs. Bonus points if youve helped to establish UX as a practice and discipline at other places before.
What this role is
- User Centered (obvi). Understanding the needs of our customers and making that knowledge the focus for ongoing and future work
- You will work with and manage a team of 2 Interaction Designers, 1 Senior UX Writer and 1 UX Designer to solve complex problems
- This is a player/coach role. The hands-on will come in the form of research, discovery, user-testing, analysis as well as helping with wireframing, userflows, IA as needed.
- You will be working in partnership with our VP of Engineering, Senior Creatives (ACDs, PMs, VP), and our Director of Product to drive help drive and manage priorities/roadmaps/workload, etc.
Who you are
You are a UX nerd, understand how to balance practical with blue sky, and you love to ask why. You crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs. You own your ideas and run with them. When youre stuckyou believe theres a creative way around almost any obstacle. And at the end of the day, you havent lost your sense of humor. You trust your gut. You love what you do and want to collaborate with a diverse team. You crave the opportunity and growth of a large company but the flexibility and camaraderie of a small, private one.
- 7+ years professional experience in UX
- e-commerce experience
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies and design thinking
- Hands on experience conducting user research sessions such as user interviews, a/b testing, user testing and other qualitative practices
- Experience working side by side with a team of product managers, developers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Understand opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms
Ideal skills & expertise
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design or related field, preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Comfortable presenting ideas both formally and informally
- Strong visual problem solver
- Solid understanding of interactive design
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, increases to four weeks your second year
- All expenses paid international travel
- Free in-house language classes
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Travel discounts
- Inspiring and fun offsite outings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match and more
About EF Go Ahead Tours
At EF Go Ahead Tours we believe youre never too old to be a student of the world. For 30 years we have guided individuals across the globe through carefully crafted group travel. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
About EF Education First
EF Education First is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries. For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From