Office Tour Photos
Chewy is looking for a Director, Performance Marketing in Boston, MA to lead critical paid digital marketing channel development. The roles primary focus is to drive the evolution of large-scale social media and programmatic display buys through data-driven customer segments, advanced behavioral targets and tailored creative. This role sits within our high-performing, metrics-driven performance marketing team that works collaboratively with product and analytics partners on new customer acquisition and customer development strategy. We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about marketing technology, data analysis, platform management, audience segmentation, and creative strategy. Leading a team of platform experts, the role also includes campaign setup, day-to-day management, and monitoring campaign/channel performance. You must lead by example in establishing campaign management best practices and standard operating procedure. The ideal candidate is obsessed with performance results, relentless, data-driven, creative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment without explicit direction on prioritization of tasks.
What Youll Do:
- Own the development of successful paid social and display acquisition campaigns focusing on audience, product, and placement targets to drive channel volume and efficiently thresholds
- Analyze campaign performance, identify trends and proactively recommend opportunities for improvement at a daily cadence
- Blend creativity and analytical skills with a strong results-oriented, metrics-driven approach to problem solving and campaign management.
- Leverage our Dynamic Creative Optimization (DCO) platform to squeeze more value out of our CPM with more engaging ad experiences. Own the creative strategy and manage the creative development roadmap with partner stakeholders.
- Leverage platform bid automation, influence platform product roadmaps to accommodate our needs, and scope development of internal bidding analysis to ensure bidding effectiveness
- Act as a leader communicating with platform account management teams to drive campaign performance and ensure proper account setup and care
- Scale use of our Data Management Platform (DMP) to develop relevant audience segments and create tailored creative and landing page experiences that are true to our brand
- Design and execute structured A/B tests around creatives, audiences, and bid strategies
- Seamlessly partner with Marketing Analytics and Product teams to troubleshoot technical bugs or develop performance monitoring, reporting, or tracking needs
- Juggle multiple projects and prioritize time while working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization without structured processes in place
- Lead the professional development of a skilled team of technical subject matter experts, and act as leader on a small and nimble team of cross-channel digital marketing experts
What Youll Need:
- 10+ years Performance Marketing experience with a focus in Programmatic Display and Paid Social advertising
- Bachelor's degree in business, statistics, economics, mathematics, or related field
- Experience managing large-scale Display and paid social e-commerce focused campaigns
- Technical skills to manage social product ads and managing product feeds
- Strong understanding of major social platform algorithms, ad products, optimization levers, and roadmaps also pertaining to broader industry developments impacting our program
- A relentless desire to better understand inputs driving performance and optimize those to improve results day in and day out
- Ability to thrive in gray area and independently chart a course for your channels
- Advanced Excel skills and basic SQL skills
- Strong understanding of the mobile app ecosystem, including tracking in-app events, app analytics/attribution, campaign optimization, creative, and deep linking process
- In-depth proficiency in Google Analytics last touch environment vs. fractional / multi-touch attribution environments in our tech stack
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.
More Jobs From