Office Tour Photos
SmartBear is seeking an evangelist to engage and extend our relationships in the API developer community to join our expanding Product Marketing team. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and an active member of the API development community, willing to write, speak, and engage actively in public discussions. This person will be an integral part of developing and sharing the SmartBear point of view to the broader developer community, while at the same time supporting marketing and sales teams needs with content and messaging. You will become a frequent contributor to webinars, podcasts, and blogs, and travel to industry and developer events to interact with customers. analysts, press, and other industry influencers.
- Help create the SmartBear thought leadership platform and core messaging around API Lifecycle management
- Create and deliver internal training of SmartBear marketing, sales, and product staff on understanding the developer community and product messaging
- Create and deliver compelling presentations and demos at external events.
- Write extensively: Papers, contributed articles, blogs, and other pieces
- Create developer assets such as coding samples, short videos, technical how-to blogs and others
- Provide input and messaging to the SmartBear marketing websites to engage the developer community
- Advocate on behalf of the community by collecting and distilling user feedback to validate and influence engineering decisions
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
- Software development experience with a strong understanding of the product development process, including ability to work in an Agile environment
- Product management or product marketing experience in APIs, Integration or Developer Portals a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply
- Track record of influencing behavior at various levels in the organization, including cross-functional leaders
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, set priorities, and is able to work independently and in group settings
- Experience with OpenAPI specification a plus
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the worlds most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.
More Jobs From