Office Tour Photos
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, and others.
About the Role:
As the Accounting and Finance Specialist, you will be handling the nuts and bolts of our Finance function and have an opportunity to see how your efforts directly impact our decision-making as a business. This role is rooted in the managing and scaling of our finance operations/accounting work; we are excited for you to help shape how we operate, not just execute on what already exists. You will be joining a collaborative and driven team that is committed to supporting each other while working hard to meet tight deadlines.
- Manage the accounts receivable life cycle: from generating invoices to applying customer payments to actively monitoring the aging of our open invoices
- Partner cross functionally with our Client Success and Sales teams to ensure we are accurately recording revenue and effectively collecting customer payments
- Process vendor payments and employee expense reports with accuracy and timeliness
- Communicate and build relationships with our clients and vendors, handling requests and questions by email and phone
- Assist with the monthly accounting close and reconciliations
- Support our compliance efforts such as tax filings, audits, and state business registrations/reports
- Identify and implement improvements/efficiencies for current processes
- Support the calculation of quarterly commission payments
What Were Looking For:
- At least 1-3+ years of experience in a fast-growing company, in a finance or accounting role
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and handle a fast-paced environment
- Experience in roles that require keen attention to detail and organizational skills
- Approach questions and problems with resourcefulness and curiosity; a willingness to search for an answer and not be deterred by the unknown
- Experience/comfort using some or all of the systems and tools we currently use (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce, Expensify, Excel, GSuite) is a plus
- Understanding of the accounting basics and/or previous experience with accounts receivable and/or accounts payable is also a plus
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Jobs From