At Threat Stack, we’re building a continuous monitoring platform specifically targeted at the challenges of cloud security for elastic infrastructure. Our platform gives our customers deep visibility into their systems’ behaviors and helps to identify potentially anomalous actions of users and processes. Currently this position is at our Boston, MA (near South Station) office.
Our platform is built in Node.js, Scala, and python, and leverages ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, and other high-scale platforms running in Amazon Web Services. We’re looking to expand to additional languages and toolkits as our data and event processing needs scale. We expect you to be psyched about learning new languages and platforms quickly, and should be passionate about finding the right solution for the job. We’re an agile team, so we’re definitely looking for solid generalists that are enthusiastic about taking on any task.
Come join us in building the future of cloud security.
What We Offer
- We’ve built a lot, but our scale challenges keep coming and we’re continuously improving how we can better handle our growing scale. You’ll be directly influencing and building software that’s processing billions of events per day.
- A cohesive Engineering team where software and infrastructure engineers work side-by-side as we release new code, resolve bottlenecks and improve our reliability and scalability (DevOps!)
- A team that is committed to continuous learning, improvement and support
What You’ll Do
- Build new features and APIs that allow us to better meet our customers’ needs
- Work up-and-down our platform stack, from datastores to edge REST APIs (and if you’re into it, dive into the front-end code)
- Explore new ways for us to efficiently ingest, process, store and leverage the vast amount of data we capture
- We use Threat Stack to protect Threat Stack. We want you to use our product and be vocal about how we can improve it—if it works for you, it’s likely going to work for our customers
What We’re Looking For
- Experience building and scaling high-volume, highly-available SaaS solutions
- API design (e.g., REST-style Web services) for internal and external consumers
- Experience developing and scaling data stores for large distributed systems
- Have designed and developed distributed systems for real-time and batch processing and analytics
- Debugging issues in distributed systems, including monitoring performance and identifying bottlenecks
- Comfortable programming in Unix environments (e.g., Linux and OS X)
- Have some exposure to infosec or a keen interest in learning more
- Experience with databases systems of all sorts, including relational and NoSQL solutions, and informed opinions on when to use them
- Maniacal focus on quality