We are looking for a talented engineer to immediately contribute to our back-end platform and help us build awesomeness. As a platform engineer, you will work with the rest of the engineering and product groups to rapidly deliver business value using Agile methodologies. You will use modern tools and techniques to build rock-solid code for optimizing TV ad buys toward advanced targets and revolutionizing how TV inventory is bought and sold. We believe in rapid iterations and delivering working software to our customers quickly.
- Have achieved at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or computer engineering
- Have at least 3 years experience working within a software engineering team
- Recognize the need for strong collaboration and clear communication to produce the best software
- Understand the value of rapid iteration and retrospection for engineering processes
- Have a passion for delivering high-quality code using modern tools and methods, like continuous integration, code reviews, automated tests, and fully automated builds and deployments
- Have experience with at least one, but ideally more, traditional back-end activities such as databases, networking and RPC, API design, batch processing, and distributed systems
- Want to learn Go (or, even better, already know it)
- Thrive when evaluating the design and implementation trade-offs between effort, value, and risk
- Are excited about working with a small, growing startup
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Long-term and Short-term disability, 401(k), cell phone subsidy, commuter safety subsidy)
- Flexible paid time off - take the time you need to operate at peak performance
- Learning culture, including weekly Lunch and Learns and a formal mentor program
- Amazing office space in Davis Square, one of the hottest neighborhoods in Somerville
- Open and relaxed office layout, including standing desks, walking desks, and a choice of comfortable seating
- Macbook and Thunderbolt display
- Three rotating beer taps, iced tea and iced coffee on tap, wine bar, tea bar, and more
- Game room with darts, foosball, Xbox One, PS4, and more
- Fun team outings and celebrations, an annual company outing and holiday party
Who we are:
clypd is a leading player in one of the hottest emerging markets of programmatic TV, disrupting the $74 billion television industry. We are on a mission to change television advertising, to make it more efficient and effective for TV media companies, consumers, and advertisers. We've built an advertising technology platform to empower media companies with programmatic strategies. Our sales platform delivers workflow automation, data-enhanced decisioning and provides media partners with tools to manage their sales efforts.
We are looking for awesome people to join a growing and fun team. We aim to create an environment that is open and transparent, collaborative, supportive, and diverse. We are looking for engineers who want to learn about the latest technologies to craft scalable and maintainable code. The problems we are solving are challenging and interesting and we want your help.