Chewy is looking for an experienced and incredibly detail-oriented, Automation Engineer to join our team in Boston, MA. As an Automation Engineer, you have a high level of attention to detail and will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all our customer facing web and mobile applications. You will use modern automation software tools to build a best-in-class automation framework and test suites.
What you'll do:
- Participate in requirement and design reviews to ensure test plans are traceable to requirements.
- Work with various teams to identify opportunities for automation on multiple platforms including Web, Mobile and API-level applications.
- Work with developers and Quality Engineers on how to create, maintain, execute and report on high quality automated tests.
- With Release Engineering, you will work towards creating a first-class continuous integration solution.
- Work with the team to properly document automation test suites.
- Provide peer code reviews with respects to automation code.
- Work with Technical Product Managers (TPM) to ensure proper time is allocated for automation within sprints.
- Champion the automation effort throughout the organization and its importance in, not only the Software Development Lifecycle, but also the benefits to the business.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisor.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in E-Commerce and/or digital environment with specific automation testing and/or Quality Engineering background.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Solid knowledge of modern automation tools such as Selenium, Appium and other automation frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of deployment and build tools (Bamboo, Jenkins or similar).
- Solid knowledge of Java and other developmental languages.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA, etc.)
- Previous experience in an Agile environment.
- Security Testing experience.
- Performance Testing experience.
- Mobile device testing (both Android & iOS).
- Experience with mobile device cloud providers.