Localytics provides a mobile engagement platform for many of the world’s top app publishers including ESPN, Periscope, and HBO. Our customers rely on us to keep their mobile users happy and engaged. We provide tools to drive great app experiences including push messaging, mobile analytics, predictive analytics, and individualized in-app experiences.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Controller, the Corporate Accounting Manager will be an individual who has continuously demonstrated their expertise and experience in each of the major aspects of financial accounting and reporting.
As a manager, this role supervises the company’s general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and order entry functions, but is also directly responsible for executing more complex functions. This individual will be adept at applying accounting principles and processes, analyzing financial information, and managing the monthly close process as it pertains to the company’s growing operations. Experience in SAAS is preferred.
· Planning, organizing, coordinating and managing monthly and annual financial close processes including management of the daily accounting work, reconciliations, reporting and acting as a liaison with external auditors
· Manage routine accounting processes such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cash Management, and effectively delegate work within the accounting group
· Monthly preparation and review of financial statements to ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policy
· Collaboration with FP&A to analyze and summarize business and financial results for management
· Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization. Partner with non-finance business leaders to identify necessary operational process improvements
· Plan for and assist with accounting system upgrades and other process and application needs for a rapidly scaling organization
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
This position requires strong leadership, organizational, collaboration, and time management skills, as well as the ability to multi task in an ever-changing environment. Requirements for the successful candidate include:
· Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting is required
· 6+ years of experience in general accounting, financial reporting and systems experience; Experience in public accounting firm is preferred
· Ability to understand the strategic vision, but must be willing to roll up his or her sleeves
· The ability to work independently and take ownership of his/her work coupled with the ability to work on a team and contribute to that team
· A track record of building or being a part of motivated, high-performing teams
· The ability to deliver clear, concise, and effective messages orally and in writing
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, responding to needs with appropriate urgency and responsiveness
· Ability to maintain professional maturity and ability to exercise appropriate judgment
· Experience and proficiency in using structured accounting systems is required.