We are looking for a Sr. Software Developer to join our SEM Analytics Team. This role will improve the efficiency and scope of our customer acquisition efforts both domestically and internationally. On a daily basis, you will analyze site usage and help shape development priorities. The Sr. Software Developer will work on extremely challenging issues, developing the heuristics and algorithms that our platform implements. The Sr. Software Developer will also create ad campaigns within the channels of SEM, display ads, and re-marketing. Our SEM campaigns have tested hundreds of millions of keywords, tens of millions of which are active and showing. Some of the important problems in this space that need to be solved are in keyword discovery, efficient bidding, and revenue attribution. This is a position for someone that truly enjoys solving math and algorithm challenges!
The Sr. Software Engineer should be able to collaborate and discuss the statistics of testing (e.g. confidence in the result of an A/B test), write SQL queries, use regressions, and be comfortable working with real world data. You will use languages (or tools) such as Ruby on Rails (RoR), R, AWK, Java, and MySQL. CarGurus is a data driven company. Converting data to insights is the art and the challenge. Insights backed by data drive the direction the company takes. Your ability to collaborate and communicate effectively will be a key to success in this role.
If you want to tackle these, we want to talk to you!
• Efficiency & Optimization at Scale: We deal with large data sets and distribute our computing across multiple machines.
• Statistics & Data Analysis: We deal with big data and small data in a changing world. We develop algorithms and heuristics to understand and improve performance based on messy real-world data.
• Autonomy: We are given high level goals, along with autonomy in our approach to achieving them.
• Innovation: We test new ideas, and allocate resources in direct proportion to their efficiency.
• Collaboration: We spend a fair amount of time working together to discuss and solve problems.
• Impact: We are central to CarGurus' growth strategy. This is a high impact role with high visibility within the company.
• Other Challenges: Keyword Discovery, Foreign Language Advertising, Third Party APIs