We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer experienced in full-stack development and architecture. You will design, build, and innovate new products for our website. Our goal each day is to bring clean elegant code live in a timely manner. Now over 60% of our consumers come from our mobile application and we are #1 for mobile car search. We have plenty of new initiatives such as our deep expansion into Europe and Asia. Germany is next on the horizon. This will be great and exciting for our consumers.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best possible outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Our engineering team has direct responsibility for revenue and that means everyone codes. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain.
There will be great projects that can be both challenging and long term. Your fellow engineers have a diverse background and are always willing to help. We truly don’t schedule meetings but get together as necessary. This gives everyone (even outside of engineering) a very well-balanced life.
What we need:
- A fullstack engineer with solid Computer Science fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Proven experience conceptualizing, developing, testing and releasing product.
- Likes to push code daily, has a high standard for quality and design.
- Has worked with A/B Testing methods. Understands how to view data.
- Able to work independently and collaborate well with many teams beyond engineering.
- Adaptable and open to learning new technologies.
- Strong object oriented design and programming.
- Strong with Java 8, JEE, MySQL or any other related languages.
- Experience in building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large scale applications.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field