Invaluable, the world’s largest online live auction marketplace is rapidly disrupting the traditional auction industry by bringing millions of passionate bidders and buyers to the virtual doorstep of auction houses around the world. Featuring an industry-leading live online bidding platform, Invaluable allows consumers to bid in real-time in the world’s premier auctions from their home, office or mobile device.
As the leading developer of SaaS and e-commerce applications for the auction industry, Invaluable provides auctioneers with marketing and e-commerce solutions across Invaluable and AuctionZip web properties, as well as access to RFC Systems, the company’s auction management software. Invaluable’s best-in-class historical price database includes more than 58 million complete auction results, totaling more than $204 billion in value. Founded and headquartered in 1989 in Boston, Invaluable also has offices in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
Invaluable is looking for a front-end engineer who will help us build modern web apps at one of Boston's most exciting companies -- it's exciting because the business is doing amazing things, and because the engineering team is a smart group working with great technology.
As a mid to senior level Front-End Engineer, you'll work with modern frameworks like Backbone, Angular, and React to write performant, testable code. You'll help us write scalable, performant NodeJS applications to provide our users with a world-class experience. Above all, you'll bring a commitment to quality and enthusiasm for front-end technology.
What We Need:
- 2+ years of experience working with Node.js and familiarity with Express.js
- Hands-on experience with one or more Unit Testing Frameworks
- Exposure to ES6, Babel, one of gulp/grunt/web pack, HTML, sass/CSS
- An understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working with backend developers to design and consume them
- A passion for producing clean, maintainable, robust, well-tested code
- An eagerness to share what you know learn what you don't
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to build great software with great technology
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 401k match
- Employer paid generous medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 3 weeks paid vacation, holidays and summer Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages and a weekly catered lunch
- A casual office that values work/life balance