Web Innovators Group 42
When: Mon June 16, 2014 6:30 pm
Organization: Web Innovators Group
Location: Royal Sonesta Cambridge, 40 Edwin H Land Blvd, Cambridge, MA 02142
WebInno is a regular gathering of over 1,000 people interested in internet and mobile innovation. Open to everyone in the community.
On Twitter: Use the hashtag #WebInno and follow us at @WebInno.
7pm: "Main Dish" Demos will present on stage:
- Bedrock Data - John Marcus III, Ben Smith, Adrian Mott, Taylor Barstow
- Bridj - Matt George
- Squadle - Le Zhang & Brendan Bencharit
6:30-9pm: "Side Dish" Demos will demo throughout the night:
8-9pm: Content Marketing Crash Course for Startups - Presented by Jay Acunzo (Director at NextView Ventures, ex-HubSpot, Google) and Patrick Campbell (CEO of Price Intelligently; ex-Google)
- The majority of startups use content to market their businesses, but they either write too much about themselves (which doesn't generate any customers) or blog a few times before going dark (which only discredits them to new visitors).
- In 45 minutes (plus Q&A), you'll learn the playbook that the most successful startups use to actually grow a viable audience and convert subscribers, leads, and/or customers. (There's no "secret," but the playbook visualized in this presentation is close.)
- Includes examples and data from successful Boston tech companies.