Is Seductive Design the Key to Sustainability?
A discussion on how we might bring more design in energy and get mass market appeal for home efficiency, solar energy, electric vehicles and more
Design has long played a critical role in translating technology’s potential into desirable experiences for consumers, and viable opportunities for businesses. Today, as the decentralization of energy and the proliferation of related IoT devices increases, design and technology have the power to revitalize “forgotten” products, systems, and experiences - from thermostats to solar panels to power plants.
Currently, the energy conversation largely rests on climate change and economics as the drivers. To most beyond early adopters, this is not enough.
Can design’s influence bring more people into the energy world by tapping new emotions like desire, excitement or delight?
Join us as we discuss how we might bring more design in energy and get mass market appeal for home efficiency, solar energy, electric vehicles and more. Specifically, attendees will:
- Gain exposure to a compelling new aspect of energy innovation
- Realize how design can convert skeptical customers
- Learn why well designed products that are energy efficient may not cost more than traditional designs
- Learn how clean energy could transition from the early adopter market to mainstream
- 5:30-6 Networking and Registration
- 6-7:30: Panel and Q&A
- 7:30-8:30: Networking with refreshments
Where: Wolf Greenfield, 600 Atlantic Avenue, 23rd Floor, Boston
Note: yes, this is in the Federal Reserve Building!