It’s mid-August and the Dog Days of Summer are slipping away, but there are some good takes on this week’s VentureFizz Networking Calendar.
One important event to check out in September is our next VentureFizz event. This time we’ve joined up with Rob Go and NextView Ventures for “Designing Product Experiences That Win”. In what should be an awesome evening, Go will moderate a panel featuring Tom Boates of RunKeeper, Thos Miles of Dragon Innovation, and InsightSquared’s William Smith. Additionally, there will be a fireside chat with Fab.com’s Devin Flaherty moderated by Fresh Tilled Soil’s Richard Banfield. We can’t wait to see you there.
This week, get out there, network, connect, and have fun with fellow members of the Boston tech/innovation community:
- Mass Innovation Nights 53 is Wednesday night, and the event is another MIN foodie event. MINFoodie 5 is always a popular event, and this week’s version convening at TradeCenter 128 in Woburn.
There are a ton of cool products that will be on display, and you can still vote for which products appear at the event.
More info here on MIN 53.
- Thursday is a big day for networking and meeting up around town. A great event to check out is one of the fastest growing “Meetups” in town. The Boston Growth Hackers are holding their meetup at Microsoft NERD, featuring speakers Conrad Wadowski of GrowHack, growth-hacking consultant Dimtry Dragilev, and BuySellAds’ Todd Garland.
For more info on the event, check here.
- Intelligentl.ly is hosting a “Community Potluck Dinner” Thursday night. I can’t think of a better way to spend Thursday evening than trying the favorite dishes of local startup folks, chatting Sarah Hodges to find out about the great classes Intelligent.ly has on the calendar, and meeting some great startup folks.
There is sure to be some pizza and PBR, two of my favorite things.
The Potluck Dinner is definitely this week’s “whatever you do, don’t miss” event.
More info can be found here.
- Also on Thursday, LearnLaunch is hosting a class entitled, “How Social and Mobile are Transforming Higher Ed” at the Exponential Techspace in Boston. Led by EverTrue’s Brent Grinna, the class should be very educational for those interested in the higher education edtech space. Grinna’s company is one of the fastest growing local edtech businesses, so the chance to learn from his experiences is an awesome opportunity.
More info on the event here.
- This weekend’s big event is the Northeast PHP Conference at Microsoft NERD. This is a great event for local developers to get together, share ideas, and network. There are some great speakers and workshops that should make the event a memorable one.
Check out all of the details on the Northeast PHP Conference here.
For a full list of events this week and for the rest of the month, check out VentureFizz’s Networking Calendar.
Feel free to add any events to the calendar and ping me at email@example.com with some great events that may not be on our radar yet.
Coming soon: INBOUND 13, Startup Bootcamp, and our next big event with Rob Go and NextView Ventures.
Dennis Keohane is a staff writer for VentureFizz. You can follow Dennis on Twitter (@DBKeohane) by clicking here.