VentureFizz strives to be your one-stop shop for the Boston Tech Scene. Our calendar is stockpiled with classes and events for Boston entrepreneurs to learn and network. They all deserve their due, but I want to highlight a few lined up for next week to help you schedule accordingly. Rework that schedule of yours and get out to some of these events!
- As an entrepreneur you are always pitching; so make sure your pitch is the best it can bewiththis Intelligent.ly Class – How to Pitch a Perfect Presentation!
- Tales from the Trenches: We constantly hear about learning from our mistakes… Well SMARTY is bringing in five seasoned entrepreneurs to share their stories and what they wish they avoided along the way.
- Validate new product ideas before they are built. Josh Wexler, CEO of Occom Group, shares his proven process at The Ideation Framework at 6PM at Harvard Innovation Lab.
- Techstars Job Fair. If you’re a Rockstar Marketer, Developer, Designer or Salesperson looking for a new journey you’ll want to check this one out. A few of the companies attending – Change Collective, Mapkin, Narvii, Sundar & more from Techstars 2014 Winter Session.
- Strategic Partnerships – The Capital Network is bringing together a panel of entrepreneurs and corporate partners for an in depth discussion on strategic relationships and how everyone can benefit! Boston – 6PM.
- LearnLaunch is holding a Sales Seminar for EdTech Startups. This is the 2nd of 4 Classes and focuses on cultivating prospects and landing big deals. Dinner will be served at this highly interactive session!
- Head over to WeWork South Station at 6PM and check out 8 exciting tech products at this Boston New Tech Meetup. Products include: Cook Radar, ShoutHub, CourseKicker, Sonical & More!
- Looking to land a job with a Startup? Startup Institute & MassChallenge want to show you how at this skills class. 6:30 PM at Startup Institute on Lincoln St.
- Startup Debates: NEVCA & TUGG are putting on a debate on Women holding the majority of a company’s board. Dave McLaughlin of Vsnap and Malia Lazu of Future Boston Alliance will stand off against Olivia Dufour of NTT Data and Jon Karlen of Atlas Venture. 6PM at Workbar Cambridge.
- Boston Business Journal – Pacesetters 2014. Head out Thursday morning to honor these amazing companies!
- Open Call for ABC’s Shark Tank. We all watch the show. Now here is your chance to get on it. First 500 Applicants are guaranteed to be seen. Taking place at Workbar in Cambridge, interviews begin at 11:00 AM.
- Product Management your thing? Head to Constant Contact to hear Jeff Lash of SiriusDecisions as he digs into the Key Traits of Innovative Product Managers.
- Open House Party! Clypd is inviting you out to see their new headquarters in Davis Square, Somerville. Drinks & Apps will be served!
- #HackBostonStrong – Intrepid is holding a 26.2 hour Hackathon in honor of the 118th Boston Marathon. Intrepid Pursuits is calling all designers, developers and tech-minded folks to produce the best marathon-related tool. Winner will walk away with $2,000 in prize money!
- STUDENTS - Innovate Possible Campus Challenge & Networking Event – Taking place at Boston University you’ll meet like-minded students and industry professionals looking to hire. Event is 11 – 3 and includes a networking brunch before students form teams to tackle a problem.
There are many other great events and classes going on. If you don’t see the perfect one listed above head over to our NETWORKING CALENDAR and see what else is buzzing next week!
Josh Boyle is Co-founder, BrandMatch Score and Contributor, VentureFizz. You can follow him on Twitter: @jb_sid.